With more than three generations of transmission experience in our portfolio, we have seasoned crews ready to serve you with the level of safety, quality, and customer focus you have come to expect from INTREN.
Our Transmission Capabilities Include:
- Voltages from 69 kV to 345 kV
- Gen tie
- New construction
- Lattice towers
- New builds
- Pole installations
- Conductor installation and replacement with bundle conductor expertise
- Switch installation and repair
- URD cable installation and splice support
- OPGW/shield wire installation
- Helicopter line installation and maintenance
- We own specialized off-road equipment and provide 24/7 emergency response.
Other Electrical Services:
- Overhead distribution
- Underground residential distribution
- Heavy underground network systems
- Storm and emergency response
- Distribution fault repair
- Directional boring
- Specialty services
This transmission project in Rend Lake, IL, consisted of rebuild/reconductor work on 11 miles of 138 kV lines that involved traversing through water and constructing towers on the lake’s “islands.” Other complex water-crossing jobs that we have completed include passing through the Mississippi River (a 4,300-foot span) as part of a 138 kV reconductor and shield wire fiber replacement project.